Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders

To: twobees@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:59:20 -0400
Norm,
  Once you have gone through the usual routines and find a problem still
exists, try filling the MC, cracking the bleeder just to get a drip, and
leave it to drip for a couple of hours. This seems to work when
everything else is found wanting.
   Yesterday we played with MGs at Bob Lavezzoli's garage, the one with
heated floor.  One of the projects was to bleed clutch in an MGA.  I drew
the slave cylinder duty.  Never have I seen such disgraceful sludge come
from a hydraulic line.  Remember when you were a kid and dipped frogs
eggs from the pond slime?  This mung was not unlike that slime, with
spots of black and a suspended sediment of brown.  Evil looking stuff.
The clutch is much happier now.
Bob