Re: Value Trivia

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value Trivia
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:12:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/02 1:42:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Aeseeyou@aol.com
writes:

> "Corvette split window stingray.  Something like 400 built originally and>
> nearly 600 still exist...."
> Hey James..
> Thats a pretty neat trick...maybe thats why they were such an instant
> classic....

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually, I heard that the split window wasn't a hit with consumers.  Not
enough rear vision.  When the '64 came out with a single window, many owners
converted the split to a single.  Little did they know they caused the value
of unmodified '63 coupes to rise considerably in the coming years.

(I'd stll rather have a convertible!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget