Re: maxed out dwell out 40 degrees?

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: maxed out dwell out 40 degrees?
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:29:42 -0500
In a pinch, I have used a product called solder wick to replace
the braided copper wire.  Solder wick is used to suck-up solder
from a connection when you are disassembling electronics.  It is
saturated with a chemical that makes it very 'attractive' to solder.
To use this stuff as a conductor in a distributor, dissolve the rosin
away with brake cleaner and add a little oil or WD-40.  If you
don't clean it first, it will 'wick' up all your solder when you try to
install it!  It will also become as hard as solid wire!
   I have not used solder wick in this application because it is the
best product.  Rather, I have used it because it was in the toolbox
when the need arose.

best,

Rick