RE: Is it just me, or what? Part Quality

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Is it just me, or what? Part Quality
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:19:04 -0500
Knock on wood, but I've always gotten pretty decent parts through the major
suppliers or their distributors.  My big disappointment was when I bought a
new tonneau cover a couple of years ago from Moss (my factory one was
starting to fall apart).  The picture in the catalog shows a factory-looking
cover.  What you get, however, is quite different.

First, it's got very big pockets for the headrests.  I can understand this,
as they don't want to make different covers just because some cars have the
big headrests and some the smaller ones.  So it doesn't look quite as nice,
but I can live with that.

Second, the zippers behind the seats are only a few inches long.  On the
factory cover, these zippers go almost to the middle of the cover, allowing
you to fold the material in to the center before snapping it down on the
rear panel.  The replacement cover can't do this by virtue of the short
zippers, and I find it interferes with the seat belts.

Third, the center zipper doesn't go back far enough.  You can't leave the
passenger side covered and neatly tuck away the drivers side.