Re: Clutch or Tranny Prblms????

To: tomwagner@charter.net
Subject: Re: Clutch or Tranny Prblms????
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:29:49 -0400
Tom,
  SOunds like a clutch problem to me. Were it gearbox, you would not have
the variable RPM/ MPH situation without a noticable amount of gearbox
racket.
  At this youthful age of the clutch, it's probably not the clutch. Let's
hope not.  Check that rubber hose to the clutch slave cylinder.  If it is
decomposing internally, it may not be allowing the clutch to engage
fully.  The hoses can look perfect on the outside, yet be peeling rubber
on the inside.
   BTDT
Bob