radiator mystery

To: alex@shaw.ca, greenberg@shaw.ca
Subject: radiator mystery
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:41:34 -0700
The gents mentioned above, gave some advice found on the archives. Could
you or anyone weave your magic please?

1975 B oe rad. Had it cleaned & tested & it performed as to original
spec. Put it in the car & on a cool day, performs flawlessly. As soon as
the weather warms up (like now) the rad gets quite hot, rising above the
N, something it never does in cool weather.

Idling in cool weather is never a problem but now, she just climbs &
climbs, 'specially idling in traffic. Even by turning on the heater full
bore, makes no difference.

I am using a 165 thermostat & a 15 lb rad cap.
What, if anything am I doing wrong, or what can I do to correct this
annoying problem.
All answers would be gratefully accepted, please & thank you
Aubrey 75B