RE: radiator mystery

To: "'Aubrey Schneider'" <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Subject: RE: radiator mystery
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:55:48 -0600
Well, don't replace the antifreeze that puked out.  This may just be an
expansion issue.  I think your 1975 B has the captive overflow canister
(black painted brass container with the radiator cap).  This should not
be full of coolant.  It is there to deal with the expansion of the
coolant.  If you haven't replaced the cap, do it.

Take a look at your gauge, notice that way over on the right hand side
near the 'H' there is a wide white mark?  If the needle is on that mark
the car too hot.  If it isn't over that mark and you aren't puking
coolant you should be OK while you drive.

Larry Hoy