Re: radiator mystery

To: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: radiator mystery
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:50:59 -0700
About 12 years ago I had my radiator rebuilt with an expensive 4 row core.  The
MG would run all day in even on the hottest weather at 190.  It recently started
leaking from the top tank and I replaced it with a Moss replacement.  I have to
admit when I saw the "Made in China" in big bold letters on the box I was
concerned.  After installing it the MG now will only run 190 in cool weather for
short distances.  I get in traffic or on the freeway it creeps up to the 212
mark
on the gauge.  It doesn't boil over but it's spooky to see the gauge climbing
that high.  It makes me think these made in china radiators are not very
efficient.

Dennis Cox
67 MGB