Sump pan removal

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sump pan removal
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:00:14 +0100
Hi guys!

I asked about this one a year or so ago and can quite remember the answer.
Do I need to raise the engine to remove the sump pan? It looks tricky to get
at those front bolts. Pleeeease don't tell me I need to undo the engine
mounts??!?! I spent hours renewing those last year. I was planning on just
sticking a trolley jack under the gearbox and jacking away to lift the
engine a bit.

Once the sump pan is off, I plan to undo the main caps, big ends and oil
pump. I plan to renew the big end bearings, the lower halves of the main
bearings, and the oil pump. Will this be fairly easy? Any advice?

Scott

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com