Re: GT real brake cylinders

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: GT real brake cylinders
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:54:50 -0400
David Councill said:

> But this reminds me that my 72B restoration project is likely using the
> larger bore wheel cylinders since its rear axle came off my 71 BGT. So
now
> I'm thinking I may have to retrieve the wheel cylinders off the old axle.
> Unless the enhanced rear braking is worth more than the possible future
> problem of myself or a new owner ordering the wrong replacement parts for
> the cylinders. And if at that time, its a different owner, that would
make
> me a DPO, wouldn't it?

Not if it's an upgrade.  Watcha do is, you get a service manual and write
every modification you make to that car in that service manual (multiple
cars, multiple manuals), always use that manual for that car, and give it
to the new owner.  If they don't read it, oh well, you tried.

Denise

--- Denise Thorpe
--- xyzabcde@e