reply or cc?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: reply or cc?
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:52:25 -0500
I recently switched from "digest" to "Whoa Nelly, that's a lot of messages"
  modes on this mailing list.  I've been on many lists and the is only the
second one I've found that defaults replies to the original sender.  The
other one was specifically a "for sale" list and in that case, it made
sense because no one wants to read a bunch of messages where people try and
haggle each others prices down.    This list is different because if
someone has an MG problem, everyone on the list should read the problem and
solution, if only for future reference.

Your replies to this message will come directly back to me if you click
your "reply" button (or whatever your mail reader has).  You then have to
"carbon copy" it to the list in order for the whole list to see it.  I'm
not complaining, I'm just curious.  I can easily edit my filter to move
both "TO" and "CC" messages to the right box, and the extra typing isn't
going to kill anyone.  That said, duct-tape and a nylon tarp can make for
a "pack-away hood", but it isn't the best setup.

Why was this list set up that way?  I don't see very much "for sale" type
action here, so that can't be it (although a so cute, SAAB Sonette 1.5
hours away in Tulsa is tempting). :)

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB (under restoration)
'72 MGB (rust growth experiment)