FW: Electrical issue...damn that wire is hot; 77MGB

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Electrical issue...damn that wire is hot; 77MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:09:29 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Dodd, Kelvin
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:08 PM
To: 'Tom McLaughlin'; MG list
Subject: RE: Electrical issue...damn that wire is hot; 77MGB

Tom:

Been there, done that.  Check your side marker and tail light connections in
the trunk.  If either of these wires comes loose it can touch the body and
cause a heavy load through the light switch.  The headlight circuit is not
fused, so this is very dangerous.  The trunk is the most likely place for a
problem, as there are usually large bits wanging about as you go around
corners.

If those connections are ok, check the front wiring behind the grille, then
the rear harness under the car.

good luck

Kelvin.