Re: Oil Pressure questions

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure questions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:41:03 -0700
Hmm, I did the same you you did (pump out all the oil from the adapter
housing), and haven't noticed any harm after 4 years.

My oil pressure at 190 degrees operating temp (indicated) is 70psi @ 3000rpm
(cruising in OD), and at least 40 @ 1000 rpm (idle). My idle speed tends to
vary, so the pressure reading also varies from 40-50, occasionally dropping
to 35 when the idle is at 800 or so...

BUT, you might consider that you have the electrical oil pressure gauge in
your 69, while I have the direct feed variety -- they may not give
comparable readings. I believe there was discussion of this earlier on the
list.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149