Re: Tach Problems

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tach Problems
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:24:25 -0700
It's not really clear what the original problem was, or how it was
fixed.  The 66 tach has a loop of wire behind it, which is opened and
closed in series with the points (distributor), and is looped at a
certain size and at a certain angle so as to drive the tach by
electromagnetic induction.  If the loop is incorrectly sized or placed,
maybe that would cause an errant reading.  If all else fails, there is
a potentiometer inside the tach which can be adjusted.  Does the tach
read 500 rpm lower through the entire range (linear) or does the
difference change with rpm?

Skye
66 B

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)