Re: Cops vs.LBCs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cops vs.LBCs
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:57:21 -0700 (PDT)
Stephen West-Fisher SEZ -

> Interesting argument, except if you don't break the law, you don't get
> caught, so you are not a victim.

The whole point of my message was that the laws are intentionally
parasitic.  There is no nobility in being a sucker, whether that's
the law or not.

> How many people are hurt each year due to someone else loosing control
> of their vehicle due to speed higher than the conditions allow?
> Regardless of speed limit?

Exactly.  Those are the types of drivers the cops should be
going after.  Remember, speed doesn't kill, but the sudden
stop at the end might....

> I do, however, ignore the little yellow signs :-)

I find that doubling the speed on the yellow "suggested" signs
is just about right.  :-)

--
David Breneman                   |  "Advice is somethin' the
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |   other feller can't use,