RE: Cops vs.LBCs

To: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cops vs.LBCs
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
In NJ, speed limits on ALL roads are set by the State DOT. We had an
interesting issue with the main road through our development - state
requirements would have set the speed limit at 40 mph - this on a road
with about 24 houses directly on it, and tons of kids living one street
away from it, and crossing it to get to ball fields, basketball courts,
etc.... The local police advised us to get the builder to put up signs
with 25 mph as the limit. So far, the state hasn't noticed 3 years
later.....

--- Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com> wrote:

> By 'artificially low' I mean that most speed limits are set in an
> arbitrary fashion.
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com