Re: What would you drive?

To: chris-mg@cthompson.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What would you drive?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:11:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/02 11:54:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
chris-mg@cthompson.com writes:

> Myself, I was surprised to find that I had simple tastes. I can't fathom
> buying some new super expensive car.
>
> I'm thinking an older XKE for the summer. Or perhaps a Healey 3000.

- - - - - - - - - -

What car nut has not fantasized this dream!  OK, you win $135 million.  Take
home pay is about $81 million.  Take it all in cash and you usually get half,
so you are down to "ONLY" $40 million in the bank.  :-)  I can live with
that!

Now, why limit yourself to ONLY one car?!?  Buy the little house with the
huge garage and start a collection.

I'd like a brand new Z-06 Corvette for a daily driver, but a real Cobra would
also live in my garage, along with various LBCs, both Large and Little.  How
about a night on the town in your new Bentley, then a drive in your XK140 to
Indy for the F1 race?  I would probably collect as many 1967 cars as I could.
 A '67 Corvette convertible is an all time fav.

Dream on!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget