Re: What would you drive?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What would you drive?
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:57:40 -0500
Okay, I've resisted this one as long as I can. I think 15 minutes is a long
time.

First, I confess that I just bought a new Dodge Pickup with a V-8 and tow
package, so I guess I've got that one out of the way. (It drags wayward MGs
in very nicely, too.)

In truth, I believe I already own the cars of my dreams, it's just that
their conditions get a little nightmarish at times. If money were no object,
I would complete my MGA Coupe project with some outside help. Instead of the
slightly warmed-up 1600, I would go with a slightly warmed-up 1800, 3.09
gearing, OD, and definitely add A/C. Ditto for the poor old Magnette-ZB, or,
gee, is there some way to shoehorn a Rover V-8 in there? Yeah, that's the
ticket! Just get the old checkbook out and start blazing away! Late-model
Rover 4 litre or thereabouts with FI, 5-speed gearbox, 3.09 rearend, and
disk brakes all around. Restored wood and leather interior and original
exterior color plus A/C.

To complete any MG longings, how about an SA saloon, perfectly restored?
Forget the A/C, just don't drive it during July or August.

Time to wake up.

David