Re: What would you drive?

To: MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What would you drive?
From: Peter Guagenti <peter@guagenti.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:18:24 -0700
>> So I'll throw this out to you all. If money were no object, what would
>> you drive?

I couldn't resist. As a racer, I'll offer a completely different
perspective:

Race Cars:
----------
- 2002 BMW M3 w/SMG Tranny -- set up for Speed World Challenge
- Original Cobra -- Vintage Racing
- Mini Cooper S for West Coast Rallies
- Porsche Boxster S for SCCA ProSolo

Street Cars:
------------
- Supercharged BMW MCoupe as a daily commuter
- Aston Martin Vanquish for long-haul driving (Vegas, baby!)
- Vintage Mercedes SL for top-down stints up Hwy 1
- BMW M5 for hauling friends and family around town

Utility:
--------
- Range Rover for camping trips
- Mercedes big-rig as racecar hauler/track support

The real kicker here is that if money were no object, these cars wouldn't
even live at my house -- I'd rent a shop at Sears Point ands store/maintain
them there!

Then again, that would open the door to having a whole car _collection_ as
well. ;-)