Re: What would you drive?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What would you drive?
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:29:06 -0500
   I wrote to this thread almost as soon as it came
out.  My choice was a 550 Maranello with the F1
(paddle shifter) gearbox.  This is still my choice but
not because it is an exotic.  I have an exotic (Ferrari
308GTB, fully EuroSpecification, no emissions crap,
dry sump, yada-yada...).  The reason I selected the
550 is that while it is exotic, it is also rock solid.  I
would/could not afford to drive a car like this as a daily
driver because I couldn't afford the maintenance or
more importantly, the depreciation.  However, we are
dreaming untold wealth here so, YES, the 550 Maranello
is still my choice -- and still in silver with blue leather
(same as my 308).
   I do have to admit, after owning over 40 cars in my
tender 51 years, that the most enjoyable car I have ever
owned is my current daily driver; a 1988 BMW E30
M3.  (And yes, I have owned and loved many British
cars including multiple MGs, Jaguars and Triumphs).
Hell, I love 'em all!

best,

rick / tusla