Re: new ppg color charts are up on a new site!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new ppg color charts are up on a new site!
From: Chris Thompson <chris-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:08:36 -0400
ptegler@gouldfo.com (ptegler@gouldfo.com) wrote:
> Well the first time I saw this it (*see below) bummed me a
> bit after all the work that's gone into my color pages
> ( www.teglerizer.com/triumphcolors/ ) and
> (www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/)
> but this is a resource I think can benefit everyone.
> Their colors seem a bit incomplete and it's a bit hard
> to compare a few of the chips. Even though they have
> the codes listed, some seem VERY incomplete and mixed
> and matched from over the years.  Also remember these
> NEW scans they are using ARE NOT old but recent
> compilation of colors from the PPG catalog.
> So don't go nuts if it's doesn't seem quite right to you.
>
> ..just like  prirace.com... remember you saw it here first   :-)
> * http://autocolorlibrary.com/

No MG. And MG isn't listed on the 1974 chart for British Leyland.

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1973-blmc-pg01.jpg

Not that it matters, as I plan to paint the beast Blue Royale. At least I
think so. I have yet to see a decent picture.

Don't worry Paul, your site is still more useful :)
Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster