Re: Distributor earth lead

To: <cl4rk2@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor earth lead
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:09:09 -0500
This wire is essential, whether you have points or an Ignitor. Since the
plate the points mount to is movable, the ground connection would be
intermittent without the "earth lead". If you replace it, use a similar
finely braded wire. This wire must freely flex, and be able to withstand
flexing. Wires made to withstand flexing, are made of very fine strands.
Even so, I guess they can't flex forever without breaking. I soldered mine
at a weak point where the strands were breaking, but the whole wire will
probably need to be replaced down the road.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336