Re: MGB GT Now RBB and TD comparison

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Subject: Re: MGB GT Now RBB and TD comparison
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:50:22 -0600
Blake,

Your brother is quite correct.

To expand on this and for the benefit of others on the list, I have only
driven one TD. But then it was yours, when I stopped by during my last trek
across South Dakota. It handled quite well and certainly comparable to a
standard chrome bumpered B or BGT. I have to qualify that comment about
"standard" because the B's steering and handling varies considerably based
on condition and tires. The TD handled considerably better than some Bs I
have driven. But then I've driven a few that were poorly maintained or with
bad/mismatched tires and worn suspension.

So I think the 71B likely needs some attention to the front end and it
should run as well as the TD, perhaps even a wee bit better.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B still in progress