Re: New MG Sports Car to be unvailed next week

To: David Breneman <idcb@airborne.com>
Subject: Re: New MG Sports Car to be unvailed next week
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:49:33 -0500
Qvale is an importer of historical note. He's based in San Francisco.

He got in a deal with deTomas (I think) to make the Mangusta, a
semi-exotic, a few years back.

They had failing out about a 1 1/2 ago, and Qvale tried to go it alone.
MG Rover bought him out a little over a year ago. And made a show
car, the X80, a designed over Mangusta. It wasn't well received, styling
wise.

The engine, I believe, is/was the Ford modular V8 from the Mustang.
Front engine, rwd, etc., etc. There are pictures all over the net.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155