Re: Westminster MG Museum Auction

To: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Westminster MG Museum Auction
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:57:46 -0500
Well, that would suck (for me) - both the original museum and Hemmings are
located in Vermont (albeit different sides of the state).  I was hoping the
auction would be too.

I did actually visit the museum once - this was before my MG.  I had MGs in
my life, at some key points, growing up, but had not thought much about
them until one day driving along the VT/NH border I came across this place
in the middle of nowhere, in a large dutch-gambrel style barn, if I recall,
that was an "MG museum", and I stopped in and we just looked at all the
cars - I didn't know enough about them yet to appreciate them, other than
just thinking "I gotta get me one of those someday".  Oddly enough, there
was no one around - the place was empty and open.  We were there for a
while - didn't see anyone in charge, and no other visitors either - eerie,
but cool.

In later years I wanted to go back, but couldn't remember where it was,
when I finally did figure out where it was (by asking on this list, I
think) it was too late - he had already closed it down.  However, that one
visit got me re-interested, and years later I finally got my MG, and I plan
to keep it as long as possible.

- Tab