Re: My GT is gassing me

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My GT is gassing me
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:22:44 EST
In a message dated 11/5/02 11:08:34 AM, baxter@gretschpages.com writes:

<< any chance any brake
fluid is or has gotten anywhere it would get hot?>>

Can't imagine where.  Also, I've run it a fair amount--lost millions of brain
cells in the process--seeing if the problem would slack off, thinking along
the lines of your comment, but it hasn't changed.  Also, the problem in
general pre-dates the brake work.

<<What about oil... could oil be burning somewhere?
Is anything on, near or dripping on the exhaust manifold?>>
Being an MG, it does leak.  That's a good point.  I'll check that out.  I do
have a small leakage that might find its way onto the exhaust manifold.  Good
idea.

<<Do you have a cat converter?>> No cats in '72s, other than the wheel chocks.

Thanks,

Jay