Muchos Gracias

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Muchos Gracias
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:20:29 EST
Greetings.

Just received my December '02 issue of Road and Track today...Peter Egan's
column always brings a smile to my face...but then...there it was...in
print...on page 58.

"MGs Across the Border".  MGs for sale in......Mexico. In 2003. Six
dealerships already established...with hopes of up to 20 by the end of the
year. All thanks to "a trade agreement between Mexico and the European Union
that favours sales of European cars in that country."

Let's see....they STILL make the original VW bug....thousands of American
jobs have found their way "south of the border" during the past years
(ie-Navistar) ...

What gives here? Who saved MGs arse from the '50s through the '80s? Who made
it possible for Germany to have brand new factories after WWII?

IF this is in fact true....what gives???? Why can't the American public have
the option to purchase a ZT sedan or the new MGTF?

I'm pissed. The new Nissan 350ZX is looking better and better.

rick ingram
Past Chairman, NAMGBR
1978 MGB
1969 MGC