Re: Muchos Gracias

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Muchos Gracias
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:58:47 -0500
>>European emission standards are actually higher that US Regulations.
(Correct?) I would think that crash standards would be similar. That being
said....what is the holdup?
I think the holdups are primarily that it costs much money to prove the
crash and other standards are met, and that there needs to be an adequate
dealer network in place to make the investment worth while.  Despite your,
my and the rest of the list's members adoration of the marque, whether or
not the general car buying public is chomping at the bit for MG's is unknown
(must be at least name recognition).  I bet a few grey market cars making
their way over the border would help the suits make the investment decision.
We can all do our part to support the marque by smuggling an MG!

Dean