Re: Muchos Gracias

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Muchos Gracias
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:56:52 -0800 (PST)
Good point, Eric. I wasn't aware, however, that there are trade
restrictions that prevent certain cars from being imported. I recall that
for years there was something about trucks that meant that they had to be
sent to the US with (for example) their beds not installed, so they
weren't considered complete vehicles... But I would not think, from an
automotive perspective, that there were restrictive practices that were
keeping out cars, I thought all of the barriers were regulatory....

Dan

PS Some LBC content - was in Saratoga Springs, NY, this past weekend,
visiting the parents. There is a classic car museum that opened up this
past summer, at the State Park, in the old Bottling Plant. They have a
nice collection of about 35 cars, ranging from a 1904 Weebermobile to a
2000 Honda Insight. In between, a beautiful '48 TC and a '47 Alvis sedan
(whoch smelled WONDERFUL). Non-LBC's included an awesome '31 V-12 Cadillac
Sport Phaeton (talk about a car with PRESENCE) and a Mercedes 300SL
(silver with red interior, of course). Also a Pinninfarina-bodied '50's
Alfa Romeo. Oh, and a '53 Jaguar XK-120 and an Allard J2! Coming in
February - hot rods! Might be a fun place for a club event, for those that
may be in the Capitol District....