Re: garage heater advice

To: pchast@francomm.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: garage heater advice
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:05:07 EST
In a message dated 11/27/02 6:58:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pchast@francomm.com writes:

> Vent free does not belong in any
> application connected to a living unit.
> there is extreme hazard possible.
>
> Carbon Monoxide detectors are not enough.
>
> Vent free systems are very good.
>
> They are designed to be used where
> there is a lot of ventilation. Not in modern
> tight garages.

- - - - - - - - - - -

That's kinda what I thought.  I bought my house a year ago.  In the newly
added bedroom, the DPO (houses have DPOs too!) installed a vent free gas
heater on the wall.  It looks like a cheapy Home Depot job.  When I moved in,
I shut off the gas.  It hasn't been turned back on.

I am currently using an oil filled electric radiator to boost the heat in
that room.  It doesn't get as warm as the rest of the house, due to a long
duct run.  I am planning on using the gas line to add a direct vent gas
fireplace in the bedroom.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)