Re: Stupid fuse question

To: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid fuse question
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:14:53 -0500
Absolutely not!  One (the new one with the thicker) is a slow-blow
fuse.  The thinner one is a fast-blow fuse.

The fast-blow can protect critical circuitry.  The slow-blow is for some
heavier items that can handle a little extra but not sustained overage.

You could safely put a fast-blow where a slow used to be, although you'd be
constantly replacing it.  You should NOT put a slow where a fast used to be.

- Tab