Re: Stupid fuse question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid fuse question
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:14:56 -0800 (PST)
Tab Julius SEZ -
> Absolutely not!  One (the new one with the thicker) is a slow-blow
> fuse.  The thinner one is a fast-blow fuse.

I've seen lots of Slo-Blo fuses in old jukeboxes and pinball machines
(which have to endure a lot of voltage spikes from the relay-based
"logic" circuitry) and they all have a type of spring-biased element
in them.  Is the thin/thick element type a newer design?

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were