Clutch Problems

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Clutch Problems
From: "NSippel" <nsippel@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:03:53 -0500
David Council says his clutch disc has broken.

David:

How old is your disc?  What make?

I installed a heavy duty clutch in my MGB over July 4th weekend & about 3
weeks ago & at about 4,000 miles, 25% of the disc face broke apart.  It was
a Borg & Beck 8-1/2" unit that I used on the street & for only 2 races.  The
previous clutch, an stock 8" unit, survived 3 years, 6 races & about 20,000
miles.

I was lucky.  It happened as I was sitting at my garage waiting for the
electric door to open.  Ten hours later, the old 8" disc & plate are back
in.  My parts supplier, Brit-Tek has already sent new replacement parts.
Curious about yours.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB