Re: Tube shock conversions

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Re: Tube shock conversions
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:27:41 -0500
More snip then write...

From: Dodd, Kelvin <doddk@mossmotors.com>
> Locating the axle side to side is very important, and the Panhard
> rod is the easy way of doing this if you don't have gobs of up and down
> movement.  These work well for the track, but wouldn't be a good setup for
> rally.
>
> The V setup is an alternative.  Larry Hoy from the list was playing
> with this, and Moss Europe used to carry a kit, but I havn't seen one.

Larry and I have both built them based on the same basic design, will
discuss in detail if interested.

> > It sounds like the spax are adjustable.  Actually, I want to know if
> > adjusting the Konis is a pain, that was plan A.
>

> Traditional Koni required the shock to be fully compressed, then one
> end rotated to adjust the valve.  This requires at least one end of the
> shock to be removed.

The last set I saw was for more of the strut type shock and it had a knob on
the end that you turned to adjust the shock.  Actually you got one knob per
set and you just stuck it to the shaft on the shock when you adjust it, then
remove it and don't lose it.