Re: Strange Striper Advise... Is this for real?

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Strange Striper Advise... Is this for real?
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:02:48 -0600
<<<snip>>>
I am guessing that this would be bad for my aluminum bonnet,
<<<snip>>>
Yes, as it's very similar to the material used for hot
tanking engine blocks.

<<<snip>>>
Add to this mixture stirring as you add one full can of RED
DEVIL LYE.
<<<snip>>>
This is very caustic and will eat holes in anything organic
encluding flesh just as badly as battery acid.

You can also use the Lye and water in a 5 gallon plastic
bucket as a dip tank but there's more water in the solution.

So, use with EXTREME CAUTION especially the spatters when
washing it off.  Wear rubber gloves, rubber apron and a full
face guard!

Blake