repair,rebuild,restore,64B?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: repair,rebuild,restore,64B?
From: "WESLEY SMITH" <wes-smith@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:32:30 -0800
Hi All

Looking for, as always, words of wisdom from the list.

I removed engine and transmission from 64B, bought last fall, to rebuild
transmission.  Engine runs well compression good. No other history on engine.
I have heard the 3 main bearing engines don't last as long. No real reason to
remove the head.  Seems it might be simple to remove the pan and caps and
check and replace bearings and cheap.  Or just leave well enough alone and
replace a couple of leaky gaskets and timing chain seal and gasket?  I won't
be driving this car many miles just around town in the summer weather mostly.
I am inclined to leave things alone. The car is all original but in storage
for many years before last fall.  Interested in all your thoughts on this. I
liked whoever said repair, replace, restore a few months back on the list.

Wes Smith
64B