Re: Rubber Bumper B owners unite!

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B owners unite!
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:47:20 -0800 (PST)
Kelvin, an interesting question. I assume it is unique to RB cars that
still have the single Z-S carb...?

I am personally not in the market for anything for my '76 (stock) B at
this point, as my extra money is going to go into the '65 B project car.
And frankly, the $3k or so for performance improvements would not make
sense for my '76, given the state of the undercarriage. Additional power
would probably cause too much torsional twisting for my poor rockers to
handle!

That said, I LIKE rubber bumper cars! I like the CB cars, too. (I DON'T
like celery but that's another story.) Those of us that have been
rear-ended in our MG's may have a better appreciation for the bumpers. If
I had an RB car in good shape, and it was my main LBC, and I didn't care
about originality, I would probably be interested in more power.
Especially if I had owned an earlier car and wanted it back on par with
that, power-wise.

It would be interesting to see performance packages for RB cars, like a
stage 1/2/3 approach, like a lot of tuners do. Stage 1 could be a
tightened-up suspension at stock height. Stage 2 could add 50% power
imporvement (without fart can). Stage 3 could be a lowering kit (dne the
RIGHT way with CB crossmember in the front). (Oh, and Stage 0 could be
neon tubes for under the car, glowing windscreen washer jets, the fart
can, clear taillamp lenses, a huge wing and a conversion to 1 center
windscreen wiper - body color. And a big 'MOSS STAGE 0' applique to go
across the top of the windscreen...) I could see possibilities in this, so
that people wouldn't have to play around with combinations of parts from
various sources.

Hope this helps.

--- "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com> wrote:
> This is a message specifically to the owners of Rubber Bumper MGBs.

=====
Dan
The Garden State (What Exit?)
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)