Re: Rubber Bumper B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper B
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:03:37 -0800 (PST)
Dodd, Kelvin SEZ -

>       I'm building my 80 MGB to be a 100 mile a day commuter.  It will be
> lowered somewhat, but not to chrome spec as the canyon I run tends to have
> big rocks in the middle of the road.  I'm looking for a car that will be
> comfortable, handle well and be able to keep up with 80mph highway traffic.
> I believe the RBB car is a good place to start.

More power to you, Kelvin.

I'd love to have the extra cash (and garage space - my Evil Dolphin-
Killing SUV sits in the driveway) to get a good-condition late-model
MGB to use as a daily commuter.  I wouldn't have any qualms about
racking miles up on a car like that, and it would certainly be more
fun to drive than a lot of alternatives.  I've never driven an RBB but
I remember as an MG fan in my teens, seeing them lined up at my local
MG dealer always brought mixed emotions.  It was heartening that MG
was making a valiant attempt against insurmountable odds to stay in
business one more year at a time.  But I felt genuine hatred for
not only British Lameland management, but also Jimmuh Cartuh, Joan
Claybrook and their gang of car-hating NHTSA bureaucrats who were all
together strangling the life out of a venerable old marque.  Maybe
owning an RBB might bring back too many memories of the 70s.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do