Re: Daily Driver

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Daily Driver
From: "Ann K. Snyder" <snydera@finchcms.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:47:26 -0700
A '73 GT is my only transportation year round in northern Illinois.  Our
rubber bumpered GT is stored over the winter months because so few of those
were sent to the US, and the salt used here in the winter does take its
toll.  Needless to say our MIG welder is put to frequent use.  In fact, my
husband, Jake will have the '71 roadster back as his daily driver as soon as
we finish "rehabilitating" it.  In winter we swithch to lighter weight oil
and, when the overnight temperature is to drop into the single digits
overnight, we plug in a sump heater and leave a lit incadescent bulb over
the carbs.  Another concession we made once was to carpool on a day when the
high temperature was -13 F (actual temperature, not wind chill, and yes,
that is a minus sign).  Jake kept the '72 GT and warmed it up a couple times
during the day.  These are great little cars.

Ann
Chicagoland MG Club