Re: Daily Driver

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Daily Driver
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:31:09 -0500
Last fall I obtained a 65 MGB project that had been worked on by some high
school kids in their school shop.  They had replaced both floors and did
what looked like a good job of welding them in.  I, uh, didn't look
underneath the car until I'd had it for about a month.  When I did look I
discovered that I have a little more work to do :-).  They apparently took
some tin snips and cut away the rusty parts of the floor - but they left the
rest.  The put the new floors down on top of the remnants of the old and
welded them in from the top.  Underneath I have the jagged remains of the
old floors with wide open gaps between the two - a perfect place for water
to collect and immmediately start rusting away the new floors.  I haven't
decided whether I'll try to cut away the remains of the old floors or try to
seal the gaps.  Maybe I'll try to weld the old and new floors together.

Rick