RE: Failed MA inspection

To: "RONALD OLDS" <tr6@pipeline.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Failed MA inspection
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:17:24 -0500
To be fair to the guy, there was a decent amount of oil flowing onto their
garage floor.  He might not have noticed a few drips.

Then again, when I tried to get out of it by loosening the oil filler cap and
saying that I fixed it and must have gotten the non-vented one by mistake, he
said no, that's what all those tubes are for, and there's a problem with the
emissions system.

On the other hand, he also wanted to fail me because he said that the car
didn't have a horn (he didn't see it, placed in its intuitive location at the
end of the turn signal stalk).  He also said that he used to have a Datsun that
used the same carbs and said that I needed to put 3-in-1 oil into the dashpots
to get them to work right.  I just didn't want to get into it with him.

--Steve