Re: Failed MA inspection

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Failed MA inspection
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:26:30 -0800
on 3/31/03 4:47 PM, Tab Julius at tab@penworks.com wrote:

> At 04:53 PM 3/31/03, Max Heim wrote:
>> PS I'm glad they don't do inspections in CA. Think they'd flunk me for the
>> bungee cord holding the bonnet closed?
>
> Really?  No safety inspections in California?

That's right. Land of the Free, or The Wild Wild West <g>...

Think about it -- 60 million cars (or something like that) -- it would
require a huge new state bureaucracy. Not that that would stop anybody, but
there is the matter of the expense, and the anti-tax crusaders... That
doesn't explain why it wasn't instituted years ago, however -- my theory is
they figured it was hopeless, and just let natural selection sort it out.
There are parts of this state where if your car broke down, it would pretty
much be all over... (I'm not necessarily talking about the desert, either).

They didn't have safety inspections up in Oregon, either. I've always
thought of them as a Rust Belt sort of thing.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149