Re: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@jump.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:09:47 -0600 (CST)
I used the existing lower radiator hose (from my '78) and a
over-the-valve-cover pipe from a dual carburator MGB to attach the lower
radiator hose to the heater. I installed on of those hose adaptors used for
auto-AC repair, a short piece of aluminum that allows you to connect two pieces
of hose, between the lower radiator hose and another hose that goes to the
front of the pipe on top of the valve cover. The rear connection to the
heater core was as usual.

BTW: since the standard air cleaners won't fit you will lose the nice
"velocity stack" that are machined into the aluminum backplate of the stock
air-cleaner, so you will want to buy some "stub stacks" to fit on the
carburator mouth. Without them you will definitely not achieve the same
performance as the stock dual-carburetor setup.

--
"Alle Menschen werden Bruder"

 Henry D. Reynolds - System Administrator
    mail: hdr@jump.net - phone: 512.448.3617 - cell: 512.699.8658