Re: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: ? about MGB (1978) books & de-smogging
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:37:02 -0500
Eric J Russell wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies about MGB books & swapping intake/exhaust
> (de-smogging)
>
> I discussed the latter with the local garage that does state safety &
> emmisions inspections. The short story is that Orange County, North
> Carolina will likely require original equipment to be in place in
> order to pass a 'visual' inspection (even if it would pass the til
> pipe sniffer without).

"Discussions" in this case should not have occurred. Had you made the
change, they would not have noticed, now you have brought it to their
attention.

NC passed my '72 B for years without an air pump or air manifold. The
pump had been removed before I bought her in the early '80s, and I
removed the air manifold since it looked "suspicious". I did nothing,
absolutely nothing special to make the car pass.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems