Re: How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB [getting pretty

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB [getting pretty
From: AOH9999@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:30:55 EST
I normally remain silent on this list, but I feel that here I can put in my
two cents. I do see where people see having their own personal SUV makes them
safer, because it probably is. That is if they hit a normal car, the
occupants of the SUV will have more steel around them. However, this argument
falls apart when everyone else has an SUV. Basic high school physics shows
that greater mass at the same momentum means more energy, this translates to
harder crashes. moreover, the SUVs are more prone to rolling over, and
accidents due to visual impairment. I personally think we are having a cold
war with cars. Everyone wants the biggest to be the safest, and is meanwhile
making everyone else more unsafe. I remember a cartoon, with bugs bunny (i
think) about this, and I think there was a book. sorry this got a little
rambling, but my mind is else where (college involves too many papers).