Re: How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB [getting pretty

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB [getting pretty
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 01:31:31 -0500
I have always followed one rule:  He who has the bigger car wins. I always
try to avoid being in a situation where I can get hit by something larger
then me.   When I was driving my 85 Ram pickup I used to joke about people
cutting me off etc because that ram would cream them, and I didn't have much
to lose in it.
BTW, a bike is not a bad thing, it can out accelerate and out maneuver just
about anything on the road.  Once upon a time, I passed a dump truck on my
bike; I passed on a 2 lane road on the left.  We got stopped at a light and
the guy got out of the truck and told me that if I ever passed him again he
would run me over.  I challenged him to do so, but funny thing was he
couldn't seem to keep up when the light turned green.
I don't support giant cars for the sake of safety, nor do I support driving
recklessly on the streets, but on the roads there is a pecking order, as
long as you know where you stand, most of the time you are ok.  I definitely
spend the majority of my time, as many of us do, in the small but
maneuverable segment.

James Nazarian