Re: How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB [getting pretty

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB [getting pretty
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:10:07 -0800 (PST)
Hugh Wolfe SEZ -
>   I try to stay away from SUV's as the drivers usually don't pay
> attention to the little guys down below.

I noticed way back in the 70s, when I first got my MGB, that
many drivers didn't pay much attention to me, no matter what
they were driving - and there wasn't much you could call an
SUV except Chevrolet Suburbans, which didn't even have cup
holders.  I couldn't tell you how many times someone would
pull up to a stop sign, look right at me, and cut me off.
I think the operating principle is "Whoever has the least to
lose has the right of way."  People always gave me a wide
berth when I was driving my beater 1972 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup.
The tool boxes in the bed were the only thing holding the
body together.  I always had the right of way.  :-)  SUVs haven't
changed drivers. That's why I've never wanted a motorcycle.
You'd have to have a death wish.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do