Re: Fuel Additive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Additive
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:34:26 -0700 (PDT)
Max Heim SEZ -
> Remember, that 98 octane figure is probably not using the R+M/2 method the
> US uses -- it's probably using the international method, and translates to
> about 90-92 US. I don't know what timing you're using, but my HC B needs
> premium to avoid knock and dieseling at the factory timing spec.

Good point about the octane.  Even when I got the MGB (1977) the
only place you could by 98 R+M/2 octane gas was at an airport.
As far as the timing goes, I'm not using any timing now, because
the engine isn't in the car.  :-)  When the paint is done we'll
be able to install it and see how well it runs.  I had trouble with
the engine in my MGB knocking even with leaded super.  This engine
hasn't been run since the rebuild.  Time (and timing) will tell....

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do