Re: MGB V6 Upgrade

To: "Chris Thompson" <ct-mg@cthompson.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB V6 Upgrade
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 12:42:42 -0400
Chris,
The GM T-5s ( I don't know about Fords) generally have a .75 or .63 fifth
gear. With the .75 changing out the rear gear is your choice and really
comes down to what you want to do with the car,  with the .63 you don't need
to change out the rear gears because the fifth gets so long legged that you
will have to start downshifting to get back into the powerband.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram