Re: Restoring old brake lines

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoring old brake lines
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 01:01:25 -0400
When I moved to Colorado 5 years ago I had DOT5 in my roadster, I soon
discovered that I could not get dot 5 anywhere.  Napa stocked a pint or two
at $15, when faced with a $60 bill for a flush and the probability of not
being able to find it I switched.  If you run DOT5 make sure you can get it
readily.

Also DOT5 is a smaller molecule and so it will find places to leak from that
DOT4 won't.

I had no problems in the 4 years that I used it but these are important
factors to consider.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8